A budget process template that's as flexible as you need it to be.
Allow audit teams to initiate and execute an audit of the budget cycle conducted in their organization using this template.
The template contains comprehensive audit procedures teams can follow to cover the full budget cycle process, spanning the following areas:
- Establishment of departmental budgets based on income and expenditures related to the department/function
- Existence, and adherence to, a budget control framework
- Review and approval of budgets by management
- Oversight over budgets at enterprise level and link to financial reporting and governance
This is a dynamic template and can be modified to suit user scope and process.
- Defined audit procedures
- Prepopulated audit test steps for each identified audit procedure
- Ability to track progress for each procedure
- Dynamic format with the ability to add or remove procedures
Budget Cycle Audit is the property of AuditNet®.
Workiva disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of information contained in the AuditNet® Budget Cycle Audit Template, or for interpretations thereof. Workiva accepts no liability or responsibility to the user for the selection of materials from the AuditNet® content or for reliance by any user or reader of such information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make changes to the template; e.g., add or remove sections or procedures?
Yes, the template is fully editable.
Is the template available in the SOX/Controls Management workspace?
No, this template is only available for the Audit workspace. We are working on generating SOX/Controls Management templates.
Can I access other audit templates beyond those listed in the "Audit from template" listing?
Yes, you can access additional audit templates from AuditNet. Please click on the following page for details: https://support.workiva.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042140452-Create-an-audit-from-a-template, or reach out to your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
Can I share the template outside of the Workiva solution?
Yes, the template can be downloaded as an .xlsx document and shared. Please click on the following link for more details: https://support.workiva.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042140452-Create-an-audit-from-a-template