Scope 3 GHG Emissions Calculator and Dashboard for Workiva by Deloitte
Deloitte's accelerators can streamline the understanding of your organization's Scope 3 GHG emissions.
Assessing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across an organization’s supply chain can be complex. Identifying material Scope 3 categories, collecting data, and applying the correct emission factors are examples of just a few of the potential challenges. Despite increasing demands from stakeholders to disclose Scope 3 emissions, there are a limited number of technology solutions available today to accelerate the calculation of Scope 3 emissions and to enhance transparency.
To streamline the process of understanding your organization’s Scope 3 GHG footprint, Deloitte¹ has developed accelerators for a Scope 3 Emissions Calculator and Dashboard that can be configured within the Workiva Platform to help enhance automation and increase transparency in your Scope 3 calculation process. Our proprietary accelerator is designed to help:
- Collect and organize data across your supply chain into relevant Scope 3 categories
- Automate calculation and conversion processes from data inputs to CO2e emissions for relevant GHG gas types
- Increase transparency and visibility into the Scope 3 calculation process
- Identify potential ‘hotspots’ that are driving Scope 3 emissions to find opportunities for improvement
- Visualize Scope 3 data across the 15 categories defined by the GHG Protocol Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Accounting and Reporting Standard via configured dashboards in Workiva with the ability to drill down into the details
In collaboration with our network of environmental and sustainability specialists, our Deloitte - Workiva Alliance team is rethinking the art of the possible by expanding Workiva’s ESG solution to help our clients address challenges associated with reporting on Scope 3 GHG emissions. If your business is struggling with assessing and calculating Scope 3 emissions, we can help!
¹As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of our legal structure. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.