PwC SEC climate rule readiness assessment
Don't have an account? Contact us to get started.
Progress toward investment grade disclosures.
Leveraging the Workiva platform in coordination with PwC’s ESG technical experience, we use tech-enabled services to address disclosure requirements for the proposed SEC climate rule. We have developed an approach in the Workiva platform based on leading practices to 1) map your current disclosures to the proposed rule requirements and 2) perform interviews to understand internal programs and processes that aren’t discussed as a part of the proposed rule. Recommendations are provided to close identified gaps, including directional assessment of level of effort, and considerations for enhancements of processes and disclosures to allow for progression toward investment grade disclosures. Our services in coordination with this assessment include:
- Support in identifying financial statement line items ("FSLIs") potentially impacted by climate change, and draft assumptions and disclosures in your financial statement footnote, as permissible
- Comparison of your disclosures and internal programs against the proposed rules' qualitative requirements (governance, strategy, risk management) and quantitative requirements (Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions, climate-related goals and targets)
- Standardized methodology, including leading practice checklist, to conduct a readiness assessment over each component of the proposed rule requirements
- Ability to link existing climate-related disclosures (e.g. TCFD reports, ESG/Sustainability reports, and CDP responses) drafted in the Workiva platform to the assessment
- Ability to map your other current disclosures (drafted / housed outside of the Workiva platform) to the proposed rule requirements to identify gaps
- Ability to ingest your FSLIs from your balance sheet
- Recommended focus areas and observations to assist in creating disclosures that conform to the SEC’s proposed rules